Gravestone BrowniesCourse: Kid-Friendly, Recipes
Prepare for a spooktacular treat with our Gravestone Brownies recipe. The perfect blend of all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, melted butter, sugar, and eggs creates a delicious base. Topped with gravestones made from gray construction paper, these brownies are a delightful fusion of flavors and a fun, creative activity. Follow these steps to conjure up a spooky treat that’s both delicious and playful.
3/4 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 c. cocoa powder
3/4 tsp. salt
15 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
1½ c. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 large eggs
½ c. semisweet chocolate, chopped (or chocolate chips)
- Gravestone ingredients
Gray construction paper
- Preheat oven to 325 °F. Whisk the first three ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In a standing mixer or bowl, whisk the melted butter, sugar and vanilla. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, until combined then slowly mix in the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into a greased and parchment lined 9×13 baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool, cut into bars with a serrated knife and top with gravestones.
- To make gravestones, cut gray construction paper into stones and decorate as desired. Place a toothpick on the backside of the stone, attach with a piece of tape and poke the gravestone toothpick into the brownie.