Healthy hair is what we all aim for. How many of us actually attain this is a different story.
If you are tired of trying the latest products claiming to transform your hair to nothing short of spectacular, why not try these natural home remedies from salon professional Antonio Prieto?
- For oily hair, boil two tablespoons of mint in 1½ glasses of water for 20 minutes. Strain the mixture and mix it with your regular shampoo. Use the shampoo-mint mixture on alternative days to absorb excess oils in your hair.
- To tame uncontrollable frizzy hair, try rubbing coconut oil into you hands, and apply sparingly into your tresses.
- To address product build-up, massage a small amount of olive oil into the roots of dry hair before shampooing. Olive oil is also great for coarse hair. Apply from the mid-lengths to the ends of your hair for great control and added moisture.
- For damaged and dry hair, apply a paste of egg yolk and water. Leave in for ten to 15 minutes and rinse off with cold water.
- For dull and lackluster hair, rinse your with lemon juice to bring life and shine back into the picture. If you have color-treated hair, skip the lemons and go straight to a cold water rinse post shampoo. This contracts the hair cuticles resulting in great shine.
A healthy diet consisting of vegetables, fruits, nuts, grains and water is the best way to achieve healthy hair. Remember you are replenishing from the inside-out.