40th Annual New Jersey Lottery Festival of Ballooning
July 28 - July 30$3 – $139
The skies over Central Jersey will once again be filled with the awe-inspiring spectacle of up to 100 gigantic, colorful hot air balloons taking flight twice each day as the largest summertime hot air balloon and music festival in North America celebrates its 40th anniversary this summer.
Keeping with its storied history, the Festival is known for bringing in the best special shaped hot air balloons from around the world.
This year, whimsical and Instagram-worthy special shaped hot air balloons include:
- a new bright pink 65-foot-tall, 750-pound Lucky Pig from the New Jersey Lottery
- a 70-foot-tall replica of the very first hot air balloon flight complete with a sheep, a duck and a rooster (the first hot air balloon passengers)
- a pair of 110-foot-tall bumblebees who hold hands and kiss in mid-flight
- an 86-foot-tall Darth Vader and a 62-foot-tall Yoda (approved by LucasFilm)
- an 80-foot-tall, 70-foot wide old fashioned alarm clock
- a 100-foot-tall snowbird penguin
Named the #1 family entertainment attraction in the state, the Festival also features a headlining concert series featuring KC and The Sunshine Band, Fitz and the Tantrums, Everclear and Lit, and best-selling children’s recording artist Laurie Berkner; a nighttime hot air balloon glow; affordable family entertainment and attractions; New Jersey Lottery “Lottery Land” members-only VIP entertainment complex with comfortable seating and spectacular rooftop views of the Festival grounds and the twice-a-day mass hot air balloon ascensions; the Trinity Solar Running with the Balloons 5K race; death-defying stunts by the Fearless Flores Family; children’s amusement rides; exciting interactive exhibits and experiences; hundreds of vendors, comfort food and more!
Upwards of 165,000 people are expected. 3,500 people will take a ride in a hot air balloon at the festival.