Self-Defense for Women and Girls @ Main Library
December 2 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pmFree
Become Aware and Defend Yourself F.A.S.T.
(Fight. Adapt. Survive. Tell.)
Build confidence while learning or expanding self-defense skills. Areas of awareness:
· Prey vs Predator Behavior
· Preparation, Equipment, and Tools
· Joint Manipulations
· Stance and Strikes
· Quick Releases and Escapes
· Defense against 3 Angles of Attack
· Defense against Holds
· Defense Against 3 Ranges of Attack
· Weapon Defense
· Ground Escape and Defense
· Testing yourself against the Red Man Suit!
Led by Iron Temple Training Center, this course is based on empowering women through self-defense, giving them a platform to grow, learn, and stand strong in a violent world. No prior knowledge or experience is required.
Class will be held December 2 and December 9. Participants are welcome to attend both classes, but must register separately for each. All attendees will be required to sign a Hold Harmless Agreement. Attendees under age 21 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.