- This event has passed.
Veterans of World War II Trolley Tour
May 27 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
This Memorial Day weekend, join us for a tour honoring some of the hundreds of World War II veterans who made Green-Wood their final resting place. Led by Green-Wood Historian Jeff Richman, you’ll visit the memorials to soldiers, sailors, and flyers, as well as “Rosie the Riveters” (women who filled manufacturing jobs to support the war effort), nurses (including one who was assigned to a just-liberated concentration camp), and others who gave so much in the service of their country.
Price: $30, and $25 for members
Since February 2021, Green-Wood launched its World War II Project, to collect stories of the lives and legacies of World War II veterans interred at Green-Wood. In the 2 years since, 370 such individuals have been identified. This tour is your opportunity to hear their stories of sacrifice and service—stories that will inspire you.
Before Purchasing A Ticket, Please Note:
- COVID-19 Policy: In accordance with New York State and CDC guidance, masks are optional. Attendees must follow ALL instructions and guidance from Cemetery staff and ambassadors.
- Tickets: There is no need to print tickets! Attendees will be checked in by name.
- Where To Go: Check-in takes place at the Historic Chapel near the Main Entrance at Fifth Avenue and 25th Street (500 25th Street).
- For Your Safety: This tour includes climbing stairs and walking on grassy and uneven terrain. We strongly encourage attendees to wear suitable footwear. Due to the nature and length of the route, this tour is not recommended for children under the age of 10.
- A Little More About Safety: Unless it is a medical emergency, it is not possible to leave the tour early.
- Refunds and exchanges: Ticket sales are final. No exchanges or refunds unless the tour is canceled.
- Inclement Weather Policy: We monitor the weather throughout the day for the best chance of proceeding with the tour, and will not make a final decision until at least 3 hours before the start of the tour. Cancellations will be announced via Eventbrite email blasts, so check your email and spam folders.
- Feeling Sick? Stay home if you are feeling sick or running a fever.
Green-Wood trolley tours are fully accessible and ADA compliant. In order to accommodate a wheelchair or other mobility aids on the trolley, arrangements must be made in advance. Please call 718-210-3080, ext. 1 or email email@example.com.
Not a Member?
Click here for all of our membership levels and information.
Already a Member?
Click the gray tickets button to activate the Eventbrite pop-up, then click Enter promo code. Type in your ID number and apply your discount.
Don’t know your Member ID number? Not sure which ticket or membership type to order? Call 718-210-3080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.