Art on the Farm Series: Watercolor, Pen & Ink
June 1 @ 10:00 am - June 22 @ 1:00 pm
Find your inner artist on the idyllic grounds of Queens Farm!
Experiment in the media of watercolor and pen & ink with the farm landscape as your inspiration. Queens-based artist Denis Ponsot will provide guidance and live demo tips, tricks and techniques. Beginning and experienced students are welcome and classes are relaxed and flexible to help each student develop their own style.
This class is 4 sessions long and will take place outdoors on the farm’s 47-acre grounds. Each week will focus on a different theme. Sign up for the whole series, or select the sessions that work for you!
- June 1st – Apiary: Celebrate National Pollinator Month while learning more about beekeeping and sketching near the apiary
- June 8th – Apple Orchard: Historic apple trees and farm implements serve as the subject for watercolor, pen & ink drawing
- June 15th – Livestock: Learn to sketch animals as they moo-ve with livestock the featured subject
- June 22nd – Farmstand: practice sketching people, veggies and fruits at our bustling summer farmstand
Instructor Denis Ponsot is a painter with over twenty years of teaching experience in watercolor. He currently teaches at Nassau Community College, The Art Guild, and School of Visual Arts.
- Advance online tickets are required as space is limited.
- This class is part of the Public Education Program at Queens Farm and is open to ages 15+.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Works by Denis Ponsot